Monday, July 30, 2007

Official Start of Football Season



The moon was full and a mist hung low on the ground. The mist glistened on the sculptured field and time passed. Soon the lights grew bright and the field shown in preparation for the team's arrival. They arrived, as the time until midnight approached. Each suited in black, blue and white, helmuts gleaming in the stadium lights. 10--9--8--7--6--5--4--3--2--practice time.

Seventy-two young men took the field to begin the 2007-08 season. Coaches were ready and the practice ran like water, smooth and flowing. Spirits were high and voices sounded of encouragement and team support. As the night practice concluded, the team stood in a circle, joined hands and prayed. They prayed for strength and guidance from their Father in Heaven. I cried.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Noland,
I think you all look a lot bigger than our little 'ol Berea team. I bet our boys would be glad they don't have to play against you all!
Take care and best wishes for a great season!

Love Ya,
Leah


Best Cartoons EVER