It's been too long since my last post. I could blame it on the Holidays, but unfortunately...I can only blame it on my life.
We never know what God has in store and sometimes we're just not prepared and we get wiped out. That's what's happened to me.
Not to post doom and gloom, but I want to catch everyone up to speed. My father had a heart attack on New Years Day. I spent the next 2 weeks in Indiana, sharing the decision making with my sister and my brother, via the phone. While in Indiana, Dad's beloved cat, JD, died and was put into the freezer to wait for Dad to come home to bury him. That TOTALLY FREAKED ME OUT!!!. Eventurally my brother-in-law buried JD so that we could all get over that. Then their cat, Carly, had to be put down. It was like a really, really bad Stephen King novel.
Dad also has COPD, and pulmonary fibrosis...so he cannot have the bypass surgery that he needs. He has 6 arteries blocked at 95%. There's nothing more that can be done. Even though, Dad's pulmonologist is sending him to Indianapolis to see another cardiologist. I don't think anyone will risk the surgery, but it gives him another few weeks of hope.
I can't imagine him facing suffocation as his death sentence. I'd much rather him go quickly. It's God's choice, not mine.









3 comments:
Glad to see that you are posting again! I will be praying for your dad and all of your family! Sorry to hear about the cats!
Abbie has a blog now! www.abbiefaith.blogspot.com
Check out my visit trip adventures and my other ramblings! I just can't seem to upload the Visit Trip pics to it! :-(
Love Ya!
Karen
Traci
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Sammi and Troy
Mt. Sterling, KY
I am so sorry to hear about your dad and his cats. My dad also had a heart attack at xmas time, so I totally understand how scared and emotionally exhausted you feel.
And yes, I finally caved in and got a blogger account! :)
Kristina
Post a Comment