Guess that my trip home just got me thinking about the "good 'ole days." What made them so good? I think it's the naive way we found pleasure in the smallest things. Things that we now are "too busy" to notice or care about. These are the things that when they are gone, we remember.
Sitting at our breakfast bar with my mother and "talking about it" over a PB and J....climbing trees and feeling like I was the only person in the world....even when I was hiding from someone. BOYS........the butterflies....the cute things we said to each other in the notes that we passed. "I like you, do you like me? Circle YES or No" Losing someone special.....a goldfish, your best friend who had to go to a different school. Firsts of everything......driving alone.....kissing.....holding hands. All very small things that in the scope of life are a millisecond, but never leave your heart.
Meeting my husband.....beginning a live shared completely with someone......handing someone your complete heart, soul, body and mind.....









2 comments:
Oh, the simple days. You're right. Life is so fast-paced nowadays that we don't take time to enjoy the simple things in life. We really do need to slow down and "smell the roses."
Like I said on my blog, we're too busy chasing rainbows to enjoy dancing in the sunbeams! Go find a sunbeam, Traci!
Sam
Post a Comment